Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Reading Week in Maine

Alright, so its been almost three months since the last post. I think the best thing to do is jump right in. So far I've survived the East Coast winter with no resentment, yet I'm looking forward to warm weather and more of the sun again. This last week was my spring/reading break. A group of my friends and I decided to spend the week at a cottage close by and found a great little place situated on an organic farm just off the coast of Maine. The farm is home to a collection of animals, pigs, chickens, goats and sheep, the most notable animals being the horses, which are Norwegian Fjords. These are used as the working power in many ways around the farm whether it is plowing the fields or pulling carts and wagons to collect timber or the sap collected from the Maple trees. To be honest, I didn't get too much reading or studying done, but it was definitely a break away from studies and the routine of life at a small university.

No comments: