Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Long Weekend

I had a fairly busy easter weekend. Amidst trying to accomplish some research for a bunch of papers I have due at the end of term... I actually ended up falling privy to a few other activities. Friday evening the students and many others from the university community gathered for a good Friday service. In this we followed the easter lectionary used by the Celtic community in Northumbria. We walked through various rooms of the school and stopped to read different reflections on the accounts of Jesus as he carried the cross to Golgotha. It was a good way to come together as a group of people and meditate on the event that defines our faith as Christians and as people. After that I went and hung out at a youth cafe that happens every Friday night at the church I go to, playing some games and hanging out with some of the youth from the church.
Saturday evening we had a Space party in recognition of our friend Sam's day of birth! The only stipulation for coming to the party was that one had to wear something space related. My buddy Dave and I dressed as Robots, as you can see. I'm the happy robot on the left and Dave the less happy one on the left. (yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to place the body and head of my smiley happy robot in one of the stalls of the girls bathroom... I haven't heard of any reaction yet, but I at least thought it would be funny to inadvertently walk into an unusually happy robot occupying a toilet seat)
Sunday afternoon the school came together again and had the annual easter egg hunt, which included the annual hunt for the great easter bunny (this year my friend Dave was the easter bunny and had to hide in some deep dark corner of our 100 year-old residence).
Also on Sunday the Masters of Ministry students arrived home from their two week trip to Greece and Turkey, which from looking at the pictures is completely amazing! I can't wait for my trip to Europe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you here at Westside!! I just had a really good laugh at 7:30am. Thanks Ray.
Glad to see that you are entertaining us once again!!
Love U
Sher