Friday, February 5, 2010

I was taking some much needed time for myself this morning and realized how meaningful a few readings have been to me over the past year. Maybe more often than I would like, I find myself in a state where I feel mentally and emotionally crippled. And often this state has come about because I have spread myself too thin across too many situations or too many people. I thought it would be good to put a few readings that have meant a lot to me as I reread them when I take the occasionaly quiet time I need.


Taken from Celtic Daily Prayer, Aiden Readings, December 22


His thoughts said:

My longing is to heal the broken and the weak, to defend the maimed, and to lead the blind to the sight of the glory of the Lord. My choice is to be a corn of wheat and fall into the ground and die. Then why these waverings?

His Father said:

Too much of your surface is exposed to the breath of every wind that blows. You must learn to dwell deep.

And the son who had wavered answered humbly,

Renew within me a settled spirit.
Establish me with Your directing Spirit.
My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed.
I will sing and give praise.

~ Amy Carmichael

No comments: